Vegan Mushroom Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
Sometimes it can be nice to have an easy to make comfort food main dish for your holiday meal. In that case, a delicious pasta is always a good option. The recipe I am sharing with you today tastes rich and delicious, but it actually happens to be vegan and gluten free! I combine sauteed broccoli, mushrooms and leeks with a creamy “alfredo” sauce that is actually made from cashew butter and coconut milk and it is not only easy to make, but your guests and family will love it! It tastes as good as traditional alfredo, only it is better for you!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserve about 1/4 cup pasta water, and then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, while the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in the bottom of a large ceramic skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and mushrooms and sautee for a few minutes until starting to soften, then add the broccoli, thyme and garlic and cook, stirring often until all of the veggies are tender to your liking. Add the white wine and cook for a minute more, then remove from heat while you whisk together the sauce.
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients, then pour it over the veggies, and add the pasta. Stir until it is all combined, adding that reserved pasta water if needed if the sauce seems too thick.
- Place back on the heat for a minute or two if it has cooled down at all (stirring constantly so it does not stick to the bottom).
- Add the parsley and serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Child Friendly