Additive Ingredients to Avoid
- MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) – in lots of foods, usually chips, deli meats, soups, coffee, prepackaged rice and pasta mixes. It enhances flavor and causing them to become addictive. This excitotoxin is know to stimulate nerve cells to the point of death and are capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Artificial Sweeteners (sucralose/Splenda, aspartame/Nutrasweet, Equal, etc.) – come from manufacturing plants. When aspartame is stored for long periods of time, or kept in warm areas, it changes to menthol, an alcohol that converts to formaldehyde and formic acid – known carcinogens.
- Hydrogenated Oils
- Growth hormones and antibiotics
- Pesticides & Herbicides – exposure linked to the flowing: nervous system disorders, immune system suppression, cancer, diabetes, reproductive damage, hormonal problems and asthma, ADD/ADHD/Autism symptoms, migraines/headaches, growth and developmental delays
- Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate are chemical foaming agents which mimics the activity of the hormone Oestrogen. This has many health indications and may be responsible for a variety of health problems. Shampoos are among the most frequently reported products to the FDA. Reports include eye irritation, scalp irritation, tangled hair, swelling of the hands, face and arms and split and fuzzy hair. The main cause of these problems is sodium lauryl sulfate. Main irritant in testing products that are used to reduce irritation.