Hassle-Free and Healthy Meal Ideas – Part 2
Turn to these ideas to get healthy meals on the dinner table with ease and minimal stress.
- Pasta | Cook pasta with store bought lentil soup and frozen peas and top the dish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Another option: boil angel hair pasta, sauté shrimp and peas in a nonstick pan. Toss together and top with grated Romano cheese.
- Salmon | Thaw frozen salmon and top with honey mustard, a mixture of chopped nuts, and panko bread crumbs. Bake in a toaster oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-10 minutes. Add a whole grain english muffin and helping of a veggie medley mix for a heart-healthy meal!
- Bean and Veggie Bowls | Try this easy no cook meal! Combine drained, canned white beans or chickpeas along with pitted olives, halved grape tomatoes, diced red onions and some capers in a bowl. Add a little olive oil and seasonings to top things off. Delicious!
- Broccoli and Cheese Calzone | To make a broccoli cheese calzone, use a store bought pizza dough, frozen chopped broccoli, and shredded cheese. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes for a complete meal with just three ingredients.
- Vegetable Omelets | Eggs can be a favorite go-to quick meal. Try a vegetable omelet or baked eggs with spinach, cheese, and salsa. Add a side of whole-grain toast and enjoy!
Check out last week’s post for 5 more meal ideas!
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: email@example.com. She will look forward to meeting you!