Avocado Egg Salad Toast
Tired of plain egg salad? Try this easy yet delicious combination of avocado with egg salad twist to please your palette. You won’t be disappointed.
Adapted from BH&G Magazine April 2020
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: email@example.com. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Hard boil 12 eggs for 15 minutes, pour off water and let cool.
- While eggs are being cooked, chop red onions.
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and chop them into small pieces and put into a medium sized bowl.
- Add to the egg mixture the red onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and salt.
- Gently fold in chopped avocado.
- Serve on toast with a layer of lettuce or spinach leaves.