Peaches are at their best and most flavorful this time of year, so I love using them in desserts! These baked peaches are really easy to make, and they are kind of like a peach crumble except you have your own individual peach baked to tender perfection and there is no need to slice it up! These are so good served with some vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream warm from the oven!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Place the peaches cut side up in a pie plate or smaller baking dish. Sprinkle each with a teaspoon of coconut sugar, and cover with a lid or foil. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes when the peaches have began to soften.
- Meanwhile, while you are waiting for the peaches, combine 1 Tbsp maple sugar, the oats, the flour, the coconut, coconut oil and the sea salt in a small dish and scrunch together with your fingers until it starts to form clumps. Set aside.
- When the peaches have baked 20 minutes, remove the plate with the peaches from the oven and sprinkle each with the streusel. Place back into the oven uncovered.
- Bake until the streusel is starting to brown and the peaches are tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream.
Rate this Recipe