BBQ Tofu Salad
One of the most important foods to make sure you buy buy organic is tofu, and soy. Since soy tends to be a GMO and heavily sprayed crop. But as long as you buy organic, soy is really good for you and a good source of protein as long as you don’t have an allergy. I like to include it in my meals almost every day, because it is so versatile and satisfying. The salad I am sharing with you today is filling and hearty, but also light enough that you won’t feel weighed down. It has a BBQ tofu that is really easy to make, along with vitamin rich greens, veggies and avocado in a lime vinaigrette! This is the perfect thing to make on a weeknight because it only takes about an hour to make, most of which is cooking time so you really only have to spend about 15 minutes on it.
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- To make the tofu, preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Oil a sheet pan, and toss the tofu with the tamari and avocado oil and spread out on the sheet pan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until it is starting to brown and get a little crisp at the edges. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove from the oven, place in a bowl, and combine with BBQ sauce.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, onions, peppers, corn, avocado and dressing. Toss to coat, and divide between 4 plates.
- Top each off with some of the BBQ tofu, and serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy