Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast to make in only 15 minutes of prep time to yield a pot roast that has tender meat and vegetables and will warm you up on a cold winter day. Easy weeknight meal, let the crock pot do the work for you!
Adapted and modified from dinnerthendessert.com
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Season the chuck roast with the Kosher salt, pepper and thyme (if you are sensitive to sodium, adjust to your taste or you can leave the salt out altogether since you’re adding broth).
- Heat your pan (or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert to medium high.
- Add the olive oil and when it ripples and is hot add in the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In your slow cooker add the carrots, potatoes and garlic.
- Lay the beef on top, then add the beef broth and cover, cooking on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Amount per serving: 542 calories; Carbohydrate 21g; Protein 47g; Fat 29g; Saturated Fat 11g; Fiber 4g