Chipotle BBQ Tofu Bowl
This Chipotle BBQ Tofu Bowl is the perfect hearty and healthy plant based meal! It has greens, brown rice, roasted vegetables and sweet potatoes, and baked tofu for a balanced meal, with a flavorful chipotle bbq sauce to make it extra flavorful! It is packed with protein, whole grains, and nutrients to keep you energized!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees, and oil a sheet pan.
- Toss the tofu with 1 Tbsp olive oil, and 1 Tbsp tamari, and spread out on the sheet pan. Bake until it is golden and a little more firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and sprinkle with sea salt. Spread out on an oiled sheet pan, and place in the oven with the tofu. Roast until the sweet potatoes are tender about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, oil another sheet pan and toss the broccoli, onions, and bell peppers with a little bit of olive oil. Spread them out on the sheet pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Place them in the oven and roast until they are just starting to brown at the edges and are tender, about 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the chipotle peppers, tomato paste, maple syrup, chili powder, garlic, sea salt and water and mix until smooth (adding a little more water if it is too thick to pour or drizzle).
- When the veggies and tofu have finished cooking, to assemble the bowls, add a handful of spinach to the bottom of 3 bowls, then add 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, then divide the tofu, the roasted sweet potatoes and other roasted veggies between the three. Drizzle or spoon the chipotle sauce over them and serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy