Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad
This flavorful salad would be perfect for any picnic or gathering! It is made with nutrient dense sweet potatoes combined with a slightly spicy creamy dressing and it happens to be vegan and gluten free but you would never guess by tasting it!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees, and oil a sheet pan.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, spread out on the sheet pan and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 45 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onions, and bell peppers and chilies.
- Whisk together the Vegannaise, lime juice, garlic, chipotles, salt and chili powder, then pour over the potatoes and toss together until everything is evenly distributed.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy
- Side Dish