Warming dishes are welcome in the fall, and this tofu is just the sort of comfort food I crave. The sauce and veggies are rich in flavor, with a little kick from the chipotle peppers. This is perfect for dinner on a weeknight, it comes together in 45 minutes and is healthy, delicious and satisfying! Skip the take out and give it a try!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- preheat the oven to 375F degrees and oil a sheet pan.
- Toss the tofu with 1 Tbsp of the oil, spread out on the sheet pan, sprinkle with sea salt and place the pan in the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes until the tofu is crispy and lightly brown on the outside. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, while the tofu is cooking, to make the veggies and sauce, heat the remaining Tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat, and add the onions, peppers and garlic. Sautee until softened, about 5 minutes, then add the spices and cook until fragrant, about a minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers and salt and cook, stirring occasionally about 20 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, maple syrup, and cilantro and stir to combine. Once the tofu has finished cooking add that to the pan and stir until the tofu is coated.
- Serve with rice!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy