Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookies
This is the time of year when everyone is getting into baking Holiday cookies. I myself like to bake several kinds every year. Just because you are trying to eat healthier doesn’t mean that you can’t still enjoy delicious cookies! I make mine mostly gluten free and refined sugar free, and always use quality organic or natural ingredients. One of my favorites is these chocolate dipped almond butter cookies that I am sharing with you today. They are gluten free, vegan and use coconut sugar instead of the usual refined white sugar. Also, the chocolate I dip them in that can be found at Fresh and Natural Foods is sugar free as well! These are so delicious tasting that you will not even notice that they are not traditional Holiday cookies!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and water. Place the bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes, this is your flax egg.
- In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix together the sugar, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla and flax egg, until smooth. Then mix in the flour, soda, baking powder, and sea salt in until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Shape the cookie dough into 2 inch balls, place on your baking sheet a few inches apart and flatten with a fork, like you would with peanut butter cookies.
- Place in the oven and bake at 375 for 12 minutes or so, until lightly browned and set. Allow to cool completely on a rack.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler (or your preferred method), and dip half of each of the cookies into the chocolate allowing the excess to drain off. Set on a parchment lined tray to set the chocolate (it will set faster if you pop them in the freezer for about 5 minutes). Enjoy!
Rate this Recipe
- Child Friendly