Chocolate Tahini Cups
Peanut butter cups were my favorite Halloween candy growing up, but now I like to experiment with different nut and seed butters, when I make my own at home, and they are all delicious in their own way. These tahini cups are similar to peanut butter cups but they are suitable for those with nut allergies, since tahini is sesame seed butter. It has a nutty flavor kind of like a more mild peanut butter and pairs well with chocolate. They happen to be vegan because I use non-dairy chocolate chips, and naturally gluten free, but you would never guess by tasting them. These are easy to make and so good, so if you are looking for a new Halloween treat recipe, give them a try!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth.
- Pour chocolate into the bottoms of 12 silicone muffin tins or foil muffin tins (or larger PB cup molds), filling them about 1/4-1/3 full, and swirl the chocolate up the side slightly by rotating the cup and tipping it just slightly. Place in the freezer until the chocolate on the bottom is hard, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the tahini, maple syrup and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 2 tsp of the tahini mixture over the chocolate in the cups, then pour more of the melted dark chocolate over it to just cover it.
- Place in the freezer until chocolate is hard (about 15-30 minutes depending on how warm it was).
- Remove chocolates from molds, and enjoy!
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly
- Child Friendly