Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookies are an essential part of the Holidays! I love baking cookies, eating them, and of course sharing and gifting them to others! These Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip cookies are not only delicious, but really easy to make as far as holiday cookies go, just mix, shape and bake! Also, they happen to be vegan and gluten free but you would never guess by tasting them!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and filtered water. Set aside in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, coconut oil and sugar and mix until well combined
- Mix in the vanilla extract and flax mixture until well combined. Add the baking soda and salt then the flour, a cup at a time, mixing between each addition, until well combined. Mix in the chocolate chips, pecans and cranberries.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To Form the cookies take about a 1 1/2 inch chunk of dough, form into a ball and on prepared cookie sheets a couple inches apart, and press down just slightly. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until puffed and just starting to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool on the pan a few minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and let cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying.
Rate this Recipe