Crispy Oven Fried Broccoli
I am a big fan of fried cauliflower, so I thought why not try broccoli as well! However, I like to make it healthier than frying it in a bunch of oil, so I bake mine instead and it still comes out nice and crispy! I serve it here with a lemon tahini dipping sauce and it is so delicious! Not only that, you get your daily fiber and a satisfying snack all in one!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Whisk together the filtered water, flour, chili powder, garlic powder, and sea salt in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the broccoli flowrettes the bowl, and toss with the batter until coated.
- Spread out on an oiled sheet pan so that they are not touching each other.
- Bake in the oven at 375F until crispy, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the tahini sauce, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the broccoli with the dipping sauce!
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly
- Side Dish