Crockpot Pork Roast
Short on time? Here is an easy to make recipe with just 5 ingredients to end up with a pork roast that is full of flavor! It will slow cook in the crock pot while you have time to do other things.
Adapted from Leigh Anne Wilkes at https://www.yourhomebasedmom.com
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: email@example.com. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Grease a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place onions in bottom of cooker.
- Rub pork with seasoning blend and salt.
- Place on top of onions. Pour broth over roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 9-10 or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove from crockpot and shred meat. Remove any large pieces of fat.
- Save some of the juice to spoon over pork when serving.
Nutrition Information Per 4 oz serving:
Calories: 289kcal/ Carbohydrates: 2g/ Protein: 37g/ Fat 14g/ Saturated Fat 5g/ Sodium 482mg (less is you make your own seasoning without salt)