Dark Chocolate Strawberry Truffles
Why not make some home made candy for Mom for Mother’s Day instead of buying her a box of chocolates. The truffle recipe I am sharing with you today is perfect for Mother’s Day with Spring strawberries and dark chocolate. They are actually gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free too, so you can feel good about giving them as a gift. Not only that, they are delicious as well, and pretty easy to make, so you might even want to make a batch for yourself too!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients but the berries over a double boiler, and whisk until smooth.
- Pulverize the berries in a blender until fine, then whisk into the white chocolate along with the water. Place in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes until it is firm enough to scoop. Scoop into 10 balls, rolling them with your hands. Place on a parchment lined tray, and place back into the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler.
- Once the filling has firmed up, dip each strawberry filling ball into the dark chocolate, being sure to let the excess drain off, and place back onto the tray (I like to set mine on a fork to allow it to drain better). Once they are all dipped, set them in the freezer until hardened.
- Store any leftover truffles in the refrigerator.
Rate this Recipe