Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies (GF, V)
Just because you decided to eat a gluten free or vegan diet does not mean you can’t enjoy delicious home made cookies! Of course you can buy packaged ones, but home made are better, especially when they are still a tad warm from the oven. The recipe I am sharing with you today is a chocolate lover’s dream! It has a chocolate dough, with plenty of chocolate chips mixed in. It also happens to be refined sugar free as an added bonus! These come together in about 45 minutes and they are easy to make, so you can be enjoying them in no time at all!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and filtered water. Set aside in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, coconut oil with sugar and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the flax mixture until well combined.
- Add the cacao powder, baking soda and salt then the flour, a cup at a time, mixing between each addition, until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- To bake, Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll balls into about 1 inch balls, and place on prepared cookie sheets a couple inches apart. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until puffed and just starting to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan a few minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and let cool completely.
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly