Easy Vegan Chocolate Mousse
My Mom and I used to make a simple chocolate mousse recipe that was so good we made it just about every weekend at one point. It contained whipped cream, dark chocolate and a little sweetener. It was always so rich and delicious! But, I have since given up dairy and animal products, so I had to figure out a new way to make it. What I came up with is swapping the cream for coconut milk, and using non-dairy chocolate chips. It tastes just as good, but it is healthier and dairy free! If you are looking for something to make for Mom this mother’s day, this is a great recipe for a chocolate lover!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Add the coconut milk and maple syrup to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place the chocolate chips in the top bowl of a double boiler and heat until completely melted and very warm.
- With the food processor running, add through the feed tube and continue to blend until the mousse is uniform in color.
- Remove from the food processor and pour into serving bowls.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, and serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy