Festive Baked Vegan Mozzarella
Baked Brie en croute is a popular appetizer for the holidays, so I decided to make a veganized version of it using Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella, which is really delicious on its own so I knew it would be good in this dish. I wrapped it and some raspberry jam in filo dough brushed with avocado oil, which has a buttery flavor, and it was really delicious! You would never guess it was vegan and it would be perfect for serving for Holiday parties!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees, and line a sheet pan with foil.
- Unwrap the filo, place one sheet on the counter, then brush or spray it with avocado oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Place another sheet on top and repeat, until you have used them all up.
- Place the jam in the center of the filo, spreading it to the size of the cheese round.
- Place the cheese on top of it, then fold the filo up over it getting it as tight as you can until it looks like a package. Flip it over, and place on the tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes until it is lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 20 minutes before cutting into it.
Rate this Recipe