Festive Holiday Popcorn
When you have guests during the Holidays it is always nice to have snacks out, even if you will be serving dinner later. You could just put out a bowl of nuts, but I like to make gourmet style popcorn instead! The one I am sharing with you today is sweet and salty, with festive cranberries pistachios, and candied ginger plus dark chocolate! It is gluten free, vegan and packed with fiber but nobody will notice because it is so delicious! Not only that it is easy to make and you can make it ahead of time!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Mix together the coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon and sea salt in a small bowl, then drizzle over the popcorn and toss to coat until it is evenly distributed.
- Spread the popcorn out on a lined sheet pan and spread the popcorn out on it.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler, then drizzle over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with the cranberries, pistachios, and ginger.
- Place popcorn in the freezer about 15 minutes until the chocolate has set, then serve!
- Store any extra in an airtight container.
Rate this Recipe