Festive Sweet Potato Crostini
Sweet potato toast is pretty popular, so I thought, why not make it into an appetizer! You can top it with delicious toppings after all. The recipe I am sharing with you today has a creamy and delicious nut chevre (non-dairy cheese made from cashews that tastes just as delicious as the dairy version), sweet cranberries, and crunchy pecans. These are super delicious and you can make them ahead of time and serve them. These are the perfect thing to serve at a Holiday gathering or cocktail party!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- To make the potatoes, preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Toss the potatoes with just enough olive oil to coat, and spread out on an oiled sheet pan. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the oven and roast until the potatoes are tender and starting to brown, about 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the nut chevre, combine the cashew butter, coconut butter, water, sea salt, and lemon juice in a bowl, and mix until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator to firm up slightly, about 30 minutes.
- To assemble, place the nut chevre in a pastry bag (or ziplock bag with the corner cut off), and pipe onto the sweet potatoes, or alternatively just spread it on.
- Sprinkle each one with a few cranberries, pecans, and scallions.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy