Fresh Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Summertime is pie time. Try this fresh strawberry rhubarb pie recipe that has been tried and tested for many years. The rhubarb is ready to pick and the strawberries are also plentiful this time of year. This is one treat worth taking the time to make.
Adapted from Betty Crockers Picture Cook Book, 1956.
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Line the pie pan with one pie crusts.
- Mix the sugar and flour together. Mix lightly through the rhubarb and berries into the sugar-flour mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry lined pie pan. Dot with butter pieces.
- Cover the pie pan with top pastry crust. Gently combine the edges of both the top and bottom pastry crusts into a fluted edge. Put two small slits into the top crust and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in 425º preheated oven until crust is nicely browned and juice begins to bubble through slits. Serve slightly warm.