GF Spiced Molassess Cookies
Tis the season for baking Holiday cookies! And, just because you are on a gluten free or dairy free diet, or are vegan, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them too! The recipe I am sharing with you today for molasses cookies tastes just as good as traditional molasses cookies, but contains no gluten, dairy or eggs. They are also refined sugar free as well! These come together and bake up quickly, so they are the perfect Holiday cookie for when you don’t have a lot of time. Happy Holiday baking!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and molasses until smooth.
- Add the flax egg and mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and spices until smooth.
- Place some coconut sugar in a small bowl. Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in coconut sugar and set on the prepared tray, 2 inches apart.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until set. Remove from oven, and let cool.
Rate this Recipe