Ginger Orange Spinach Tofu Salad in a Jar
Salad in a jar (or container) is a great option for on the go lunches. Pretty much, that is what I eat on the days when I am working. I like to include some greens, and fruits or veggies, plus some beans, tofu or tempeh for protein. The salad I am sharing with you today can be made ahead of time, provided you pour on the dressing later, and it is packed with flavor and nutrients. I include spinach, sweet oranges, baked tofu, and a flavorful ginger orange dressing that brings it all together. It will leave you feeling satisfied yet not weighed down so that you can feel good until dinner time!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- To make the tofu, preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Oil a sheet pan, and toss the tofu with the tamari and sesame oil and spread out on the sheet pan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until it is starting to brown and get a little crisp at the edges. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients together, and pack in a small container with a lid if eating later.
- Layer the spinach, orange slices, tofu and scallions into a jar.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing into the jar, put the lid back on and shake. Enjoy!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy