Gluten Free Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Summer sweet corn is so delicious! On the cob, in salads, or just raw, I love it! And, I also like to add it to baked goods like corn muffins. The recipe I am sharing with you today contains fresh organic sweet corn kernels along with the cornmeal to make it extra delicious. I add in some jalapeno as well for a kick and some nutritional yeast for a sort of cheesy flavor without the use of dairy. These are gluten free and vegan but you would never know because they are super delicious! They pair well with anything BBQ, which is perfect for Summer grilling!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put liners into a 12 hole muffin pan, or oil the pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, nutritional yeast, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt.
- Whisk in coconut milk and oil until well combined.
- Fold in the jalapenos and corn, then spoon into tins or holes on the prepared pan.
- Place in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Rate this Recipe
- Side Dish