Gluten Free Stir Fry Recipe
Short on time yet a need to create a healthy, and delicious meal this a keeper recipe. You can make this recipe from a premade rotisserie chicken or make as per directions in a skillet or cast iron pan. No need to add additonal asian sauce since the stir fry sauce recipe is more than enough for great flavor. Enjoy!
Recipe by Brianna Hobbs, Flippin Delicious, January 6, 2020.
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the oil in the heated pan and sear the chicken until golden brown, and cook until cooked through.
- Add the garlic and stir fry vegetables and saute until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the stir fry sauce and stir. Cook until it starts to simmer and thickens.
- Serve over rice.
For those that need to limit their sodium intake, do not and salt to the chicken and substitute the Tamari sauce with Coconut Aminos, a soy-free althernative with 73% less Sodium. Both Tamari sauce and Cocounut Aminos are available at Fresh & Natural Foods.