Hearty Vegan Bean Cassoulet
If you are looking for a hearty, warming comfort food dish, this cassoulet is the perfect thing to make! It is packed with fiber and protein from the beans, so it will fill you up and leave you feeling satisfied but not heavy. It is even great made ahead of time and reheated and even more flavorful the next day. Serve it with a side of greens or green salad to round out the meal!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat, and add the carrots, celery, and onions. Sautee for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, stock, wine, thyme and sea salt.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes until flavorful.
- Add the beans, and then spoon the mixture into 2-3 ovenproof bowls.
- Mix together the topping ingredients, then sprinkle them over the dishes.
- Place in a 400F degree oven and bake for about 15 minutes until bubbling and the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool slightly before serving.
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly
- Heart Healthy