Herbed Chicken Parm Sliders
These little sandwiches have all the flavor of their Italian American inspiration, but we cut the usual breading and frying steps for a faster, healthier take. These sliders can be made with either ground chicken (choose ground chicken that includes light and dark meat) or ground turkey.
Modification of recipe from BH&G Spring 2022.
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, egg, basil, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and 1/2 tsp salt. Use your hands to mix evenly. Form into eight patties. Drizzle with olive oil and turn to coat.
- On a grill or greased grill pan cook patties over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through (165ºF). Top each patty with two pieces of cheese; cover grill and cook 1 minute more or until cheese melts.
- Transfer sliders to rolls. Top each with 1 Tbsp. marinara sauce, basil leaves, and additional Parmesan. Add parsley to garnish if desired.
- Any type of roll can be substituted in this recipe. The ciabatta rolls are especially good given their soft texture and they are gluten-free.
- An exceptionally good marinara sauce is Rao’s. One sauce that can be used for many dishes.
- All of the ingredients listed here can be found at Fresh & Natural.
Nutrition Information Per Slider: 270 calories, 13 g fat (5 g sat fat), 521mg sodium, 16g carb, 4g sugars, 21g protein