Herbed Vegan Chevre
It can be nice to put out a cheese plate around the holidays, and if you don’t eat dairy you can still do so, thanks to all of the plant based cheeses available now, and being able to make your own! I like this vegan chevre because it is delicious, easy to make and festive! I like it served alongside crackers, with fruit or even crumbled over salads if you have leftovers!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- In a high speed blender combine the soaked cashews, filtered water, lemon juice, salt and coconut butter and blend until smooth.
- Add the herbs and cranberries, and pulse in the blender at a low speed until chopped (alternatively, chop by hand and stir it in).
- Pour into a bowl, place in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes until it is easier to work with, then scrape onto a piece of plastic wrap, and shape into a log while wrapping tightly.
- Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes until more firm (you want it to hold shape, but still stick to the herbs). Place the rosemary and sage for coating on a plate, then roll the log in the herbs.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm, a few hours. Enjoy!
Chevre keeps wrapped in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Rate this Recipe