Indian Tofu and Kale Curry
If you are looking for an easy to make, hearty comfort food recipe to make on a week night, a curry is the perfect choice! The recipe I am sharing with you today combines protein rich tofu and nutrient dense kale for a satisfying and healthy meal. I make a simple but flavorful coconut milk based sauce for it and it is so good served over rice! It is cheaper than ordering takeout but just as good!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and oil a sheet pan.
- Toss the tofu with 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 Tbsp tamari, and spread out on the sheet pan. Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until starting to crisp at the edges.
- Meanwhile, to make the curry, heat the other 2 tsp oil in a medium ceramic pan over medium heat, and add the onions. Sautee for about 5-10 minutes until softened, then add the garlic, curry powder and red pepper flakes. Sautee for a minute more, then add the sea salt and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cornstarch water mixture and let cook until thickened, then add the kale and bell peppers. Cook for a few minutes more until the kale has wilted.
- When the tofu has finished cooking, add it to the curry and stir until it is well incorporated.
- Serve over rice!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy