Italian Sausage and Spinach Frittata
Frittatas are the go-to meals when busy weeknights need a protein-packed meal fast. Sue, one of our employees, loves this recipe and wanted to share it with you. This dish can be served any time of day-enjoy a hearty brunch, have a wedge for lunch to go, or serve with a salad for a complete dinner. This dish is so adaptable and economical- you can use up any assortment of leftover veggies and have it be so delicious. Enjoy!
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, oregano, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch to 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, peppers and minced onion, stirring occasionally. Add the sausage until the onion, peppers and sausage begin to turn brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove skillet from heat.
- Pur the egg mixture over the top and lightly stir to evenly spread out the spinach and sausage. Sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the center of the oven or until the eggs have set and the top is golden. The egg mixture will inflate and then fall as the Frittata cools when taken out of the oven.
- When cool, cut into 6 slices and serve.
Rate this Recipe