Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Fresh home made muffins were always one of my favorite things to make on weekends growing up in my home. These lemon poppy seed muffins are so scrumptious you would never guess that they are vegan and gluten free! They are easy to make, and now is the perfect time to make them when lemons are at their best!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees, and line 12 muffin tins with liners.
- Whisk together the sugar, cashew butter, apple sauce, lemon juice and zest, flax mixture and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add the poppy seeds, and mix in until well distributed.
- Spoon into the muffin tins.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes before enjoying.
Rate this Recipe