These maple sandies are easy to make and so good! You would never guess that they are gluten free or vegan. I use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose baking flour and it works just as well as regular flour, and I use coconut oil instead of butter to make a delicious buttery cookie! These smell amazing while baking, with the aromas of maple and vanilla and are the perfect treat to bake in the fall!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut oil, maple sugar, vanilla, maple, and salts until blended completely.
- Mix in dry ingredients until well combined.
- Roll the dough into little one and a half inch balls, and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Press them down slightly.
- Place in the oven, and bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until set and starting to brown just at the edges.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together glaze ingredients until smooth in a small bowl until smooth (if too thick add a little more water), then drizzle the glaze over the cookies, then place them in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
Rate this Recipe