Miso Glazed Tempeh and Asparagus
Skip the takeout and make this Miso Glazed Tempeh and asparagus instead! It is the perfect time of the year to enjoy asparagus, since it is in season in the Spring, and it is at its freshest and most flavorful. Combine the vitamin packed asparagus with heart healthy tempeh in a stir fry, serve it with some jasmine rice, and you have a satisfying gluten free vegan meal! Not only that, this is really delicious and easy to make and comes together in about 25 minutes so it is perfect for busy weeknights!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- To make the tempeh, heat the oil in a medium ceramic skillet over medium heat, and then add the tempeh. Allow it to cook for about 6-10 minutes, flipping half way through, until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove tempeh from the pan, and add the onions, carrots, garlic, and ginger.
- Sautee the vegetables until slightly softened, about 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms and asparagus and sautee about a minute more.
- Add the vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer, and add the tamari, mirin, miso mixture and cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the tempeh, and serve with rice!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy