Pasta E Fagioli
What better to warm up with on a chilly winter day than a hearty soup? This one is flavorful, healthy and packed with goodness! It has veggies, beans, and pasta, and it makes a great weeknight meal because it is easy to make! It also happens to be vegan and gluten free, because I have used gluten free elbow pasta!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan.
- Add onions, carrots and celery and sauté until tender.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, herbs, sea salt, pepper, vinegar, and filtered water.
- Bring to a simmer, and allow to cook until the tomatoes are very soft and the flavor has melded, about 30 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pot, and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, stir in the chickpeas and fresh parsley.
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly