Peanut Noodle Salad with Tofu
Tofu is one of my favorite protein sources. It is a black palate for many different flavors, so whatever type of food you feel like eating you can tailor it to your own tastes. One of my favorite recipes using it is this peanut noodle salad with tofu. You bake the tofu, then toss it with whole wheat noodles and veggies in a flavorful rich tasting peanut sauce. It is a healthy satisfying dinner that is on the table in under 45 minutes!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees, and oil a sheet pan.
- Toss the tofu with the tamari and sesame oil and spread out on the sheet pan. Bake until it is crispy at the edges, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven until you have the rest of the salad made.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Put the pasta in a large bowl along with the tofu and veggies.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, adding a little more water if too thick.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta, tofu and veggies in the bowl.
Rate this Recipe