Pineapple-Marinated Chicken Breasts
Tired of the same way to cook chicken? Try pineapple-marinated chicken breasts. In this great recipe, you can use pineapple to tenderize the the chicken breasts and in a cheerful salsa for a quick meal of 30 minutes. Don’t let the marinade sit too long, or the chicken will fall apart during cooking. This is a dish worth trying!
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: email@example.com. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Bake chicken at 350º for 25-30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160º (no longer pink on the inside). Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, 2 T olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, garlic powder, ground cayenne, and black pepper.
- Transfer 1T of this marinade mixture to a separate medium bowl, and add the diced pineapple, red onion and cilantro. This is your salsa; toss until well mixed and set aside.
- Add the grated pineapple and its juices to the marinade mixture in the large bowl, then add the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature (no longer).
- Serve the chicken over rice and top with the reserved pineapple salsa. Enjoy!