Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love baking with pumpkin! It is so good in desserts like these cookies! With these, chocolate chip cookies get a Fall twist with pumpkin and warming spices! They also happen to be vegan but you would never guess by tasting them. They are easy to make and so good!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees, and line 2 sheet pans with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in the flour, spices, sea salt, baking soda and powder, until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips until well combined.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator until it is a little more firm, about 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls (about 2 inches round), and place on the baking sheets, spread a few inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake until starting to brown at the edges, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 4 months.
Rate this Recipe