Raspberry Almond Truffles
Although you can buy chocolates for your Mom on Mother’s Day, it is so much more fun to make them, and Mom will definitely appreciate the effort! Today I am sharing one of my Mom’s favorite recipes, my raspberry almond truffles. They are simple to make, and they happen to be gluten free and vegan as well but you would never guess by tasting them because they taste just as rich and delicious as traditional truffles. These are made with high quality natural ingredients, none of the fake stuff you might find in most commercial candy. If you want to make your Mom a special treat for Mother’s Day, give these a try!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients but the berries and water over a double boiler, and whisk until smooth.
- Pulverize the berries in a blender until fine, then whisk into the filling mixture along with the water. Place in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes until it is firm enough to scoop.
- Scoop into 12 balls, rolling them with your hands. Place on a parchment lined tray, and place back into the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, and whisk until combined and melted.
- Once the filling has firmed up, dip each chocolate into the dark chocolate, being sure to let the excess drain off, and place back onto the tray (I like to set mine on a fork to allow it to drain better). Once they are all dipped, set them in the freezer until hardened.
Store any leftover truffles in the refrigerator.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy