Rich Chickpea Tomato Curry
If you are a fan of Indian food and looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, then this chickpea curry is for you! It is hearty and flavorful, but also healthy and will leave you feeling good after enjoying it. It is packed with fiber and protein, especially when served over brown rice! Instead of getting takeout next time, give this a try!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- In a pot, combine the onions, garlic, serrano and ginger with the oil over medium heat, and sautee until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and sautee a minute more until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and bell peppers, and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes or until the veggies have softened.
- Add the chickpeas, almond butter, cilantro, lime juice and spinach and cook about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with cooked brown rice!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy