Roasted Maple Orange Glazed Carrots
Carrots are the perfect Spring side dish! Although they are good in salads, or cooked stove top with some olive oil and sea salt, roasting them is my favorite way to prepare them. The recipe I am sharing with you today is elegant and delicious, but really simple. Whole roasted carrots in a maple orange glaze. You just toss them with oil, pop them in the oven, give them a little glaze and they are super delicious! I serve them with some crunchy pistachios and fresh parsley, and they make a beautiful and healthy side dish. This would be the perfect addition to any Easter meal.
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Toss the carrots with just enough oil to coat, spread out on a sheet pan, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 40-50 minutes until the carrots are tender, and browned slightly.
- Meanwhile whisk the orange juice and maple syrup together, and when the carrots are done roasting, pour it over them.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and parsley and serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy
- Side Dish