Roasted Vegetable Salsa
You garden may be overflowing with tomatoes, and I have a great recipe you can use them in! A Roasted Vegetable Salsa! Veggies are always more flavorful when they are roasted and allowed to caramelize. They get a sweetness to them, and a little smokiness, and these qualities are delicious in salsa. This recipe makes a big jar, and it is wonderful served over tacos of course, but also salads, with chips for snacking or over proteins like sauteed tempeh. Basically whatever you would like to add lots of flavor to. Not only that, it is healthy as well! Tomatoes contain a lot of vitamin C, and antioxidants, and this delicious salsa is the perfect way to get them in!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Toss the tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, green onions, and garlic with the olive oil and spread out on an oiled sheet pan.
- Place in the oven and roast until the veggies are tender and starting to brown, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Place in the blender or food processor and add the cilantro, salt, chipotle pepper, and lime juice, and pulse until blended and very finely chopped. Pour into a bowl or jar and chill in the refrigerator until cold before serving.
- Keeps for 2 weeks in a sealed jar or container in the refrigerator.
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly
- Heart Healthy
- Side Dish