Rosemary-Paprika Chicken Sheet Pan
This sheet-pan chicken dinner was inspired by patatas bravas, the crispy potatoes typically served with a spicy sauce and aioli in tapas bars all across Spain. Here there are sweet potatoes, but they are cut into matchsticks and browned on a sheet pan. In addition, there’s garlic mayonnaise for dipping.
Instead of the traditional smoky, brick-red sauce, similar seasonings are smeared onto the chicken before roasting: a mix of lemon, garlic, rosemary, paprika, and red pepper flakes. You can then add any mix of vegetables to be roasted on the sheet pan with the chicken and sweet potatoes fries. Here we added a mix of chopped red and yellow peppers, red onion, avocado slices, and broccoli.
Modified recipe by Ali Slagle- NYT Cooking
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: email@example.com. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Heat oven to 425º. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, 1 T lemon juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer half of the mayonnaise mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the paprika, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Add the chicken to the bowl of paprika-mayonnaise, and rub it all over the chicken. Set aside.
- Cut the sweet potato into 1/4-inch thick fries (no need to peel).
- Place the chicken breasts on the sheet pan with sweet potato fries scattered around the chicken in a single layer. Add the desired sliced veggies on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to the fries and veggies.
- Roast the sheet pan for 45 minutes. The fries should be browned underneath and the chicken register 155-160º when an instant thermometer is inserted into the thickest part. While the chicken rests, stir 1 T lemon juice in the mayonnaise mixture. Eat the chicken, sweet potato fries and veggies, and a puddle of lemon-garlic mayo for dipping (optional). Enjoy!