Salmon And Romaine Salad With Oranges and Olives
There’s nothing like a delicious summertime salad with salmon. This recipe is served with romaine salad, oranges, and olives – a fantastic combination. The salmon can be oven-baked, microwaved, or grilled. Enjoy this light but tasty meal.
Modified recipe from BH&G, June 2022
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus spears into thin ribbons. Place in a bowl of ice water.
- To Grill Salmon: Prepare grill for medium-high direct heat. Brush salmon and cut sides of lemon with 1 T olive oil and season 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Add salmon to grill, skin side up, and lemon halves, cut sides down. Grill, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. Place salmon and lemon halves on a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Brush lettuce leaves with 1 T olive oil and season with 1/8 tsp. each of salt and pepper. Grill lettuce, cut sides down, 2-3 minutes or until beginning to char.
- For the dressing, squeeze juice from half of the grilled lemon into a small bowl. Whisk 2 T olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Drain asparagus and dry thoroughly.
- Arrange lettuce on a platter. Top with orange slices, salmon, asparagus, olives, and pistachios. Drizzle on dressing and squeeze remaining lemon half over top just before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 453 cal, 28g fat (4g sat fat), 363 mg sodium, 26g carb, 8 g fiber, 28g protein