Savory Brussels Sprout and Mushroom Pasta
Brussels sprouts aren’t just for eating as a Thanksgiving side dish. Although my favorite way is to roast them, they are delicious sauteed with a stir fry or noodles too. In fact, they cook up really fast this way! The dish I am sharing with you today features them cooked in that manor. They are combined with a savory almond sauce, meaty mushrooms and a high protein gluten free edamame pasta to make for an easy, satisfying and filling dinner! This is the perfect weeknight dish, because it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook it according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large ceramic pan, heat the oil over medium heat, and add the brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Sautee until they are softened, and add the garlic bell pepper and green onions, and sautee about a minute more until fragrant.
- Whisk together the almond butter, miso, water, and tamari in a bowl (if it is too thick, add a little more water. It should be a sauce consistency).
- Add the pasta and the sauce to the pan with the veggies, and stir until it all is heated through and well combined.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy