Slow Cooker: Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
Ready to let your slow cooker do the work for you while you tend to other things? Try this delicious recipe that is easy, healthy and a keeper for future meals.
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: email@example.com. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker once cooked.
- Place cooked rice in individual bowls. Top with chicken, extra sauce from the slow cooker and steamed vegetables.
- For an added kick, try topping with some sweet and sour sauce.
- Enjoy every bite!