Spicy Beet and Carrot Fries with Lemon Tahini Dipping Sauce
Everyone loves french fries, but did you know you can make delicious fries out of other veggies too? I like root vegetable fries because they are packed with nutrients, they are healthier than traditional fries and they are so pretty! The ones I am sharing with you today are actually baked as well so they have much less fat than traditional fries and they pack more fiber since I am using beets and carrots instead of potatoes. These are easy to make and so good, and I pair them with a simple lemon tahini sauce. These are perfect as a side dish, or as an appetizer or snack. Give this Spring twist on fries a try next time you are craving them!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees and oil a large sheet pan.
- Toss the fries with the oil and spices and spread out on the sheet pan evenly.
- Place in the oven and roast until tender and starting to brown at the edges, about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a bowl along with just enough filtered water to make it a smooth consistency.
- Serve the fries with the sauce!
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly
- Heart Healthy
- Side Dish