Splendid Oven Barbecue Ribs
Oven Barbeque Ribs covered in a delicious sticky barbeque sauce with a kick of garlic. Tender, juicy and melt -in-mouth ribs are so easy to make. Double up on flavour with an easy to make dry rub first, then coat them in a seasoned barbeque sauce mixture so addictive you won’t stop at one!
Modified from https://cafedelites.com/
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Peel off the membrane that covers the underside/bony side of the ribs. Place on a baking sheet or tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin. Sprinkle seasoning over ribs and drizzle with oil. Rub the seasoning all over the ribs on both sides. Cover tray with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- During the last 5 minutes of cook time, mix together sauce ingredients.
- Remove ribs from the oven, remove foil and spread the tops of the ribs with the barbeque sauce mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 460ºF. Return ribs to the oven, uncovered, and bake for a further 10 minutes. Change oven settings to broil(or grill) on medium-high heat to lightly char and caramelise the edges (about 3 minutes). Enjoy!
NUTRTION PER SERVING: Calories: 630kcal; Protein 45g (about 6 oz); Fat: 34g; Sat Fat: 6g; Sodium: 1776mg