Spring Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
I love vegetable curries, you can add what you have on hand to them, or whatever is in season, and it is always delicious! Not only that, they are quick and easy to make, so you can have dinner on the table fast. This time of the year, why not feature Spring vegetables? The recipe I am sharing with you today has asparagus, leeks, and carrots combined with chickpeas for protein, and it is so good! It is in a silky coconut sauce and is perfect served over rice. So skip the take out, and make your own delicious curry at home!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium pot, and add the leeks, onions, and carrots. Sautee until they have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, asparagus, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and sautee until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until the veggies have softened and the flavors have blended.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, chickpeas, and lime juice and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and serve with jasmine rice.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy