Strawberry Blueberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Summer is still here so you can enjoy this fabulous, healthy and delicious salad. Add fresh strawberries and blueberries to garden fresh greens and top it off with a homemade poppy seed dressing. If you are short on time, you can always purchase poppy seed dressing. This will be one easy recipe you will want to keep!
Author: Michelle Hanson
Michelle Hanson, MA, RD, LD is Fresh & Natural Food’s Registered Dietitian. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics with a minor in Community Health from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. She is a registered dietitian and current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Michelle has been a nutrition consultant for numerous years as well as a nutrition research director at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
Michelle is passionate about food and nutrition and believes in helping people find simple, realistic ways to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lifestyle.
If you are interested in meeting Michelle or have questions for her, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will look forward to meeting you!
For the Salad Base:
- Mix the mixed greens in a large container. If making the salad ahead of time, wait to add the rest of the ingredients until right before serving time to keep the salad fresh and not soggy from the fruit.
- Add the strawberries, blueberries and mandarin oranges and lightly toss. Then add the chopped walnuts and cover the container with a lid. Set aside in the refrigerator until time to add the salad dressing and then to serve.
For the Salad Dressing:
- Mix in a medium size jar, Mix the ingredients together: sugar, vinegar, salt, dry mustard, grated onion, olive oil and poppy seeds.
- Cover the jar with a lid and shake to mix the ingredients well before serving.
- Add the fresh fruit and walnuts to the salad. Next add the salad dressing, being sure to mix the sugar well into the other ingredients in the dressing container.